Journeyman to Help Tell the Next Chapter of the Single Largest Private Sector Investment Project in Canadian History
Canadian Video Content Agency Partners with LNG Canada on Liquefied Natural Gas Story with Global Impact
Halifax, NS (October 03, 2018) – On Tuesday, October 02, 2018, LNG Canada announced a Final Investment Decision (FID) to approve the construction of a liquefied natural gas facility in Kitimat, BC. Content partner Journeyman captured the moment on camera in Vancouver, provided a live webcast to locations in Calgary, Kitimat and Yokohama, and began preparations for building the next chapter in the story of this project.
Journeyman has partnered with LNG Canada for the past 5 years to strategize, produce and curate video content to help position this joint venture as the project of choice in Northern BC. Journeyman has built a reputation for successfully helping brands and companies use the power of storytelling and compelling branded video content to engage audiences. Journeyman’s purpose is to help people connect with the big stories of the day, including energy transition, climate change, ocean economy, and economic reconciliation with First Nations.
“The key purpose of the work we have been doing is helping LNG Canada to build community support, and to create better understanding and engagement with the project,”said Nic Fieldsend, Director of Client Strategy & Development, Journeyman “People care a lot about these big topic issues that are often misunderstood. We’re excited to contribute to such an important discussion.”
The challenge ahead:
“We’re very proud to be a partner with LNG Canada and excited by the opportunity to continue to build this story. It has been fascinating to work alongside this team to observe how such a monumental project takes shape with care for the community, for First Nations, for the environment and for the Canadian economy,” said Mathew Welsh, Founder & CEO, Journeyman. “As a filmmaker, it’s gratifying to take part in a project that sits at the heart of Canada’s most complex economic and political challenges.”
- LNG Canada is a joint venture comprised of five global energy companies (Shell, PETRONAS, PetroChina, Mitsubishi Corporation and KOGAS) with substantial experience in liquefied natural gas (LNG)
- LNG Canada will design, build and operate a world class LNG export facility in Kitimat, British Columbia.
- LNG Canada's export plant has been designed to achieve the lowest carbon intensity of any large scale LNG plant operating in the world today
- The LNG plant and Coastal Gas Link pipeline will together employ approximately 10,000 people at peak construction.
- Founded in 2007
- Headquartered in Halifax, NS with productions spanning the globe
- Produces Commercials, Internal and External Communications, Community Engagement, Short Films, Documentaries, Animation, Social & Digital Content
- Has grown to 16 full time team members as well as many collaborators
- Filmmaker, Founder & CEO, Mathew Welsh has been recognized for excellence in documentary filmmaking by the Gemini Awards (now the Canadian Screen Awards)
Journeyman is a filmmaker-driven video content agency that builds compelling content for brands and companies, often with a challenging story to tell. Headquartered in Halifax with production activity in Ontario, Western Canada and beyond, Journeyman partners with clients including Royal Dutch Shell, LNG Canada, TELUS, the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) of Ontario and the Aga Khan Foundation Canada, to produce commercials, internal & external communications as well as social & digital content, backed by strategy and distribution planning. Founded by award-winning documentary filmmaker Mathew Welsh, Journeyman’s ten years of creating film and video content demonstrates the agency understands how to tap the power of story that exists in every organization to solve strategic challenges.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: (902) 425 4222 Ext. 4